If you follow me on Instagram you know I spent a crazy amount of time prepping food yesterday. It was one of those days where I was inspired with each of my planned dishes, and was a having fun singing along with my Sunday playlist (consisting of artists like Jack Johnson, John Mayer, Maroon 5, The Fray, Billy Joel, The Lone Bellow, and so many more).
My biggest risk was trying to make a totally new protein muffin, going completely awry from the recipe I had found on Pinterest because it used too much oat flour for my goal of limiting added carbs.
a Apple Cinnamon Protein Muffins
Calories: 108 kCal
3/4 cup Coconut Flour (I used Bob’s Red Mill)
1/2 cup Almond flour (I also used Bob’s Red Mill)
1/4 cup Oat Flour (I used Arrowhead Mills)
1 tbsp baking powder
2 tsp cinnamon
2 scoops soy vanilla protein powder (I use Whole Foods Brand)
6 tbsp liquid egg whites
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
2 cups unsweetened coconut almond milk
1/4 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
1 medium apple, peeled, cored & diced
1) Pre-heat oven to 350 and coat muffin tins with coconut oil (I used coconut oil spray)
2) Mix all dry ingredients in large bowl. Mix wet ingredients in small bowl. Combine and stir until completely mixed.
3) Add apples and stir until well mixed. Scoop into muffin tins and put into oven.
4) Bake for 30-40 minutes. Tops will be golden brown, and will pop back when lightly touched.
5) Let cool and serve or store!