I’m back with another Three on Thursday! This week my focus is “Insipiring”. A single word that holds so much promise and power, and something I’ve been thinking a lot about recently.
Three Things that make Me Happy
1) A longtime friend from college posted a pic of her healthy lunch today, and tagged me noting that I’ve become an inspiration for her to be healthier. As someone who still struggles with my own health demons, I can honestly say this was one of the most amazing things anyone has ever said about me. Thank you, M!
2) I get to run my first race in my new home city this weekend, and run it with my Best Running Friend, Karen. I am super excited about it, and excited that I’m not freaking out about it because its my third one this year. I still have goals, but I’m not feeling pressure, which I think is the best way to go into a race.
Mental preparation with help from Alex+Ani with the Champion & Tree of Life charms
3) The runWestin Concierge will be announced today, and will make his debut at Rock n’ Roll Philly this weekend. After meeting the finalists in Chicago, I am beyond excited that Chris Heuisler will be kicking off his new gig here in Philly. While any of the three finalists would have been AMAZING, I like to think part of Chris getting the job was because I was part of his interview process. Somewhere, there is fairly awkward film of him giving me tips for race day. The fact that I signed away my rights means Westin and the media company working with them could make it public. In theory, ABC News could still use the film of Newt Gingrich laughing at me in an elevator, lets hope for everyone’s sake, both of these stay vaulted. But I digress, Chris is not only friendly and knowledgeable, but if you can also be a slight stalker, you’ll find his blog and realize some of the amazing things he’s done. He’ll easily be an inspiration to the runWestin runners!
Three Areas of Focus
1) Prioritization. I’ve never been great at setting priorities for myself. Instead I freak out, stay up for nights on end, and get everything done. I’m making myself go nuts at work and home right now because I don’t stick to my priorities once I set them. I need to, for my own sanity.
2) Continue to hit my workouts strong, even if its just foam rolling and yoga for the next few days. My In Her Shoes Fall Shred program is going well, but I can probably be working harder. I always second guess my ability to push harder. I can always push harder, and I should.
3) Not being lazy at home. My apartment stays organized and clean for approximately 8 hours on Monday, after cleaning and organizing each weekend, and then I come home, drop stuff and don’t make sure its all back in its place before bed. I blame my parents for never making me clean my crap up before bed as a kid. Old habits die hard.
1) I booked my flight for my 10 year college reunion!!! And thanks to my awesome friends, we’ve got an amazing weekend being planned in secret on top of the official events. Its been 10 years since I’ve seen most of my classmates, and I can’t wait.
I will be singing this song for the next month in preparation.
3) I lost 2.5 pounds in my first 10 days on the shred, and my favorite skinny jeans fit perfectly again. I am a little sad to think that they’ll be big by the end, but I’ll quickly get over it. Friends from all parts of my life have been inspiring me in their own journeys recently, helping me to stay strong and focused.
Tell me what makes you happy, area of focus and accomplishment for the week!