Several of my blog friends have done posts on the funny ways people find their blog, and every once in a while, the search terms that lead people to my blog make me chuckle. So, as I drink my coffee this Sunday morning, I decided this is the perfect day to share, and want to see yours, and reward your ability to creatively tag your posts 😉
Lets make it a You Found Me How? Linkup and a Giveaway! In honor of me also looking for great finds for my new apartment, this link up will also be a way to win a $50 gift card to my favorite place for random finds: Etsy.
I love Etsy because you can shop small businesses, even if they’re not found on your Main Street, and I can find amazing things like this pillow cover from Oh My Pillow, which will most likely find its way to my new couch.
But on with the funny! You Found Me How?
Thankfully, a healthy number of people find me by searching Run Stretch Go, sometimes adding WordPress to it.
My Chocolate Protein Pancake recipe is quite popular. Various chocolate protein pancake searches have sent 31 people to me. They are delicious, go check it out.
My Color Run post gave a lot of people pictures of people they likely don’t know. 30 people found me searching variations of Nashville Color Run Pictures.
And then there are the funny ones:
Things Old People Say So, it was in a post title, but really, you clicked on my link? Maybe I really am old. This is how I imagine I will look for my race next month:
Image from businessinsider.com
Drop it Like a Push Up I don’t even know what that could be looking for… how does one drop it like a push up? I Googled it myself and can’t even find my site. Whoever you are, impressive persistence, since I gave up after 8 pages of search results. It did give me this on the first page of images though:
Image from deviantart.com
But my top 5 favorite searches that resulted in finding me:
5) Ow I do talk about pain of various kinds, probably a bit more than I should. Hopefully that individual did not feel pain by reading my blog.
4) “Will run for glitter” I don’t think I’ve ever said it on my blog, but hell yeah I’d run for glitter. If they could find a way to turn a color run into a glitter run but not be painful, I would run the hell out of that race. I accidentally said this to the person at a counter at a deli this week about water, but decided it holds quite true for life:
3) Streaking Pictures I completely out myself out there for this one with my posts about the Runner’s World Run Streak. But I’m pretty sure this is not what you we expecting to get:
2) Amateur But Stretch Yes, the middle word only had one ‘t’. A few things for whomever searched this: Yes, you can stretch and be an amateur. It doesn’t take an expert to stretch. If you’re trying to stretch your butt as an amateur, I’m hoping you mean you’re new to stretching and need to stretch your glutes. I feel there are some really inappropriate things you could have been looking for, so I hope you instead enjoyed sweaty pictures of a me, like this:
1) What Should I Try If I Go Streaking? My suggestion is a good pair of running shoes, and to watch Old School over and over again before attempting it. Who searches this? Don’t you just go if you want to streak? For this well planned streaker, I hope I instead convinced you to go for a run, fully clothed, or at least with a short running skirt.
So, I appear to be an expert on Color Runs in Nashville, pancakes, and streaking. Looks like my resume’s getting updated tonight 😉
Nothing in this post was sponsored, I just like bright fun pillow, Etsy, and funny search terms. All opinions and experiences with Etsy are my own, you may have a different experience or opinion. I will still like you.