I have officially lost my mind. There is no doubt about it.
Quick recap of what’s been going on the last month:
– Runner’s World Run Streak with Karen from Karen Loves to Run
– New job in a new city
– A move with a fundraising and running challenge and a giveaway for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
And what’s going on over the next few months:
– July 21st – Running my 6th half marathon, Rock & Roll Chicago
– Early August – Moving into my new apartment, and finally getting all my stuff out of storage
– September 15th – Running my 7th half marathon, Rock & Roll Philly
– October – Birthday Month 😎
– November 2nd – Running my 8th half-marathon, Women’s Running Series Scottsdale-Tempe
I had also already started planning my 2014 race calendar, and then I went for a run with Karen.
What does that mean?
I am scared and excited all at the same time. But I wanted to take on this challenge next year, anyway, and I have someone to do my long runs with this winter, so I went for it. Ask me again in December if this still feels like a good idea, though!
But before then, I’ve extended my giveaway deadline, because I’ve only reached $185 of my $500 fundraising goal! So, you have until Monday, July 8th to share, donate, and get entered to win!
How did you decide to run your first marathon?
What newbie training tips do you have?
What races do you have planned?