Ten years ago I graduated from college. Wait, what?!
Here’s a little reminder of what life was like back then:
Napster had been sued by major record labels, shut down, and attempted to return as a legitimate site. Strangely, no one wanted to pay them for music when they were used to getting it for free.
My first thought when the reminders started on Facebook earlier this week was
In the last 10 years:
– I’ve moved 7 times, and lived in 5 states (TN, VA, PA, CT, AL)
– Received 2 Masters’ degrees (MBA & MS in Health Care Management)
– Published more than 30 articles (no, not my blog)
– Completed 5 half-marathons (Pittsburgh 2009 & 2010, Hartford ING 2010, WDW 2012, Rock n Roll Nashville 2013)
– Worked for 4 companies/organizations, and have had 9 different titles
– Lost all 4 grandparents and gained 3 nieces and a nephew
– Thrown at least 40 theme or costume parties. One of my favs: Shoot Cupid, the annual Valentin’s shot party, which we stopped 5 years ago when we could no longer handle doing shots
– I’ve been through 8 cell phones, 3 laptops, 4 alarm clocks, and 2 cars
– I’ve learned to love lettuce, that I’m severely lactose intolerant (except Greek yogurt, and goat/sheep cheese), that I can’t live without coffee, and my preferred drink is always champagne
– I’ve taken risks, reaped rewards, and learned from my mistakes
– I’ve had points where I’ve cried more than I’ve laughed, and laughed more than I’ve cried
– I learned to love yoga and became a runner
And in the last 3 months, I’ve become a blogger. It’s been a fun addition to my life, and I always look forward to reading comments, and the hilarious Twitter chats often make my day.
It’s been an amazing 10 years, and I look forward to what the next 10 bring!
What do you remember from your graduation year?
What’s one of the favorite things you’ve done in the last 10 years?
When was the last time you went to a costume/theme party? And what did you wear?
Another hint for my Big News: