Any moment I’m expecting the sky to fall on top of me, wait no, I’m expecting my apartment building to collapse on top of me. Why, you ask? Because life is really good right now. I assume things cannot continue to go this well, its a character flaw.
So what’s been going so well? On top of life just being awesome, Christina, over at Day by Day, and Allison, over at Train Eat Repeat, both nominated me for the Liebster Award! My little blog is getting some love from awesome people, and it’s wonderful.
Rules of the Liebster Award:
– When you receive the award, you post 11 random facts about yourself and answer 11 questions from the person who nominated you.
– Pass the award onto 11 other blogs (make sure you tell them you nominated them!) and ask them 11 questions.
– You are not allowed to nominate the blog who nominated you!
– Make sure the blogs you choose have 200 or less followers.
– Include a link to the person who nominated you & let them know about your post
But, since I got nominated from both of these wonderful women, I have 22 questions to answer (21 because they overlapped one). You’re welcome world! You will now officially know a ton of relatively random facts about me.
1) Do you have any pets?
I don’t, but am hoping to get a dog this year. I’ve wanted a dog for years, and think I’m finally ready for a furry little friend.
2) What is your favorite dessert?
This is a tough question. I love a good cupcake, but it has to be dairy free, which means I can’t eat many cupcakes. Most recently my favorite dessert is plain Chobani yogurt, fresh berries, and vegan chocolate chips. And yes, I realize yogurt is dairy, its a long story.
3) What is your favorite exercise activity/way to work out?
I didn’t realize how indecisive I was until I started answering these. I love running & yoga, but love to try new things. Right now I’m loving Nike Training Club workouts – they’re easy to do when traveling and there are so many different options.
4) What is something that you have never done (hobby, activity, etc.) that you would like to try?
I’d love to get into biking. I love spinning, but haven’t owned a bike since I was like 13.
5) What is one of your short term goals and one of your long term goals?
Short term goal: PR a half-marathon this year. Long term goal: Complete a full marathon before I turn 35.
6) Name one of your pet peeves.
Too many to mention, but biggest one I can think of right now: when non-runners ask about my race times. I don’t care how fast you can run, I run for me, not you.
8) If someone were to write a book about your life, what would the title be?
How to use your fun allotment before age 30
9) What is one of your favorite songs?
American Girl by Tom Petty. It just makes me happy. Always.
10) Name a food you dislike.
Mushrooms. I just can’t get past the whole fungi, spongy thing. And sometimes they are slimy. Ew.
11) If you could meet anyone, either alive or dead, who would it be and why?
Sheryl Sandberg. She is a fierce businesswoman who has found a way to also be a mother and wife. I’m in awe of her accomplishments and hope to someday be a role-model for other women in business, like her.
12) What is the first thing you would buy if you won the lottery?
I would go to Costa Rica for a Surf & Yoga retreat. I’ve always thought learning to surf would be so neat.
13) What is your favourite thing to add in to a salad?
Strawberries. They are delicious with so many dressings and proteins.
14) What is your go-to breakfast?
Recently its been yogurt, berries, and oats. But I used to make scrambled egg whites & veggies every day.
15) Do you wear a heart rate monitor during workouts? Why or Why Not?
Yes, I love it. I probably don’t use it the way I should, but I like seeing if I’m consistent, or gaining cardio progress.
16) What is your favourite fruit?
Strawberries & raspberries. I literally eat pounds of them a week. Woah, that is a lot of berries, but its true. I might have a problem.
17) Have you ever ran a Marathon? Do you want to?
Never a full. I’ve done 5 halfs & would like to run a full before I turn 35.
18) Plain water, flavoured or carbonated?
Either Nuun or water with lemon.
19) Finish the sentence ” I run because….”
I run because it makes me feel amazing. I feel strong, like I can handle anything, when I run.
20) Do you own or use a foam roller?
Its like a bad boyfriend. I love it and hate it. I also own The Stick so i can take it with me when I travel.
21) Introduce everyone to one of your favourite blogs to read
Olivetorun.com Cori is hilarious, and her posts make me smile often.
Okay so here are my awardees!
Jennifer at The Final Forty
Krissy at Shiawase Life
Katy at Running & Singing in the Park
Ari at The Pace of it All
Laurel & Collena at 11315 Miles
David at The Will to Prepare
Lucy at The Moving Muncher
Trisha at The Barefoot Monologues
My 11 Questions for my Awardees
1) What are you most looking forward to this week?
2) What is your favorite running accessory?
3) Beach or pool?
4) Best restaurant meal you’ve ever had? Where and what?
5) Do you still have a land line at your residence?
6) Favorite song on your running playlist right now?
7) Coffee or Tea?
8) If you could make up a holiday what would it be?
9) Movies at home or in the theater?
10) What time zone do you live in?
11) Best tip for becoming a faster runner?